September 8th is the great day, the Feast of Maria Bambina, a heartfelt solemn procession that accompanies the statue of the Madonna with joy and colors, with the children on the ox cart, the horses, the banners, the band, the arquebusiers and all the people in celebration. The procession enters the Basilica and here is the great solemn Mass celebrated by the bishop and sung by the polyphonic choir.
- 9.00 am, Piazza della Basilica: the president of the Committee Fidali 1974 delivers the Marian banner to the standard-bearer of the knights in costume, who make three turns (caracóli) around to the basilica-sanctuary and walk along Via San Trano to the entrance of the village near the Mariana Column, located at the crossroads for the Hermitage of San Trano.
- 9.30 am, Colonna Mariana: after the Mayor's greeting, the solemn procession begins along Via San Trano, with the display of the NS flags of Locusantu Queen of Gallura, San Simplicio Patron of Gallura and many other church banners galluresi, the participation of Gallurese knights in costumes with harnessed horses preceded by the knights of the cultural association "Lu 'Juali" of Luogosanto, all the folk groups of Gallura preceded by the Folk Group "Civitas Mariana" of Luogosanto, the children in costume on the wooden cart pulled by the oxen harnessed to party, the communicants of the parish of Luogosanto, the Musical Band "Michele Columbano" of Calangianus, the Committee "Fidali 1974", the religious, civil and military authorities with their respective gonfalons, the Pro Loco association of Luogosanto and the people.
- 10.00 am, Piazza della Basilica: when the procession reaches the sanctuary, the porters carry the statue of the Virgin Mary on the wooden sedan chair and insert themselves in the procession; after the intervention of the arquebusiers, the procession continues along Via Garibaldi, Piazza San Quirico and Via Vittorio Emanuele II, to finally return to the square of the Basilica.
- 11.00 am, Basilica of NS of Locusantu: the faithful enter the basilica to celebrate the Missa Manna, the solemn Holy Mass presided by the Bishop of the Diocese of Tempio-Ampurias HE Mons. Sebastiano Sanguinetti, concelebrated by the parish priests of the Diocese and sung by the Parish Choir "Nostra Signora di Luogosanto".
- 12.00 am, Piazza della Basilica: the Mayor of Luogosanto Agostino Pirredda gives the organizers of the festival and the authorities a piece of ceramic craftsmanship with the trademark of the festival edition; councilors and city councilors offer traditional sweets and aromatic herbal tea from Luogosanto to all those present.
- 6.00 pm, Basilica of N. S. of Locusantu: Holy Mass sung by the Polyphonic Choir "Regina di Gallura" of Luogosanto.
The solemn procession, the great mass and the evening mass are traditional religious and popular events organized by the Nativity Parish of the Blessed Virgin Mary with the contribution of the Municipality of Luogosanto and the Committee Fidali 1974 and collaboration of the Municipal Tourist Office and of the Pro Loco. For further information: [email protected], Facebook: @LuogosantoTouristOffice, +39.079.60.18.959.
Translated with Google Translate